Volunteering in 2022
I hope that 2022 we will be “back-to-normal” in all covid-related stuff.
I also hope I will have more time for “non-work” contributions.
Here is a list of things I might do:
- Continue maintaining jasync and kotlin-logging open source— not that I have many choices here… unless someone will assist in that.
- New open source initiatives:
- kotlin-flogger — maybe I’ll write an extension to flogger. I noticed some hotspots on the java default implementation and I might want to tackle that.
- Anther scratch I might be itching is to implement a build tool. really. I am tired of gradle and maven and wish I could have something different. One thought I have is a tool that import sources only (like in go). I know that’s a big thing so probably eventually I will not do that on my own :-) maybe I will end up just blogging about it.
- Help organizing a conference for Kotlin in google.
- I saw that baeldung allows contributions. So I might start writing there.
- Starting a podcast — but now the trend is actually twitter space.
- The usual stuff: speaking at conferences / meetups & blog posting (here) & tweeting.
Any other ideas?